A package file is a file format used in Apple computers (macOS). It is used most often by applications like Keynote, Pages, GarageBand, and others. While package files appear to be a single file when viewed on an Apple computer, they actually contain many other files and are represented as a folder on non-Apple computers and most web browsers.
Currently, there are several ways to upload package files to Dropbox while ensuring compatibility on all your computers, devices, and browsers:
To upload on dropbox.com, you can try one of the following two methods:
- Drag-and-drop the package file to dropbox.com (if your browser supports it)
- Zip the file, then upload it using the Upload files button on dropbox.com
- To zip a file on macOS:
- Ctrl-click the file, then click Compress…
- To zip a file on Windows:
- Right-click the file, then click Send to… and choose Compressed folder
To upload on the Dropbox desktop application:
- Move or copy the file into the Dropbox folder on your computer. The Dropbox desktop application will then sync the file in the correct format.