Keyboard shortcuts help you use Dropbox faster. Keyboard shortcuts are available on dropbox.com and the Dropbox desktop app.
Keyboard shortcuts on dropbox.com
On dropbox.com, click Files and press the ? key (question mark) to access the full keyboard shortcut menu. Shortcuts on dropbox.com include:
- ↑ or ↓ (up and down arrow keys): Move between files or folders
- Enter (enter or return key): Open a file or folder
- / (forward slash key): Search files and folders
Note: Keyboard shortcuts will only work while you're in the Files tab of dropbox.com.
Select multiple files
Using keyboard shortcuts, you can select multiple files on dropbox.com.
To select multiple consecutive files or folders:
- Select the first item.
- Press and hold Shift.
- Click the last item.
To select multiple nonconsecutive files or folders:
- Press and hold Ctrl (control on Windows) or ⌘ (command on Mac).
- Select all files or folders you want.
Keyboard shortcuts on the Dropbox desktop app
In the Dropbox desktop app, you can use keyboard shortcuts in the app itself or in a file’s expanded preview window.
In the desktop app
Keyboard shortcuts in the Dropbox desktop app include:
- Cmd (Mac)/Ctrl (Windows)-B: Bold
- Cmd (Mac)/Ctrl (Windows)-I: Italic
- Cmd (Mac)/Ctrl (Windows)-option (Mac)/Alt (Windows)-S: Strikethrough
- Cmd (Mac)/Ctrl (Windows)-K: Create link
- [-]-spacebar: Create a to-do
- --spacebar: Bulleted list
- 1.-spacebar: Numbered list
- @-[name]: @mention someone
In the expanded preview
To open the expanded preview:
- Open the desktop app.
- Click a file.
- Click the expand preview icon (arrow symbol in the upper-right corner).
Shortcuts in the expanded preview include:
- ← or → (left and right arrow keys): Move between files and folders, scroll left/right in file
- ↑ or ↓ (up and down arrow keys): Move to next or previous page within a PDF/PPT file or scroll up and down within a PDF file
- Page Up and Page Down keys: Move to next or previous page within a PDF/PPT file
- Home and End keys: Move to first or last page of a PDF/PPT file
- Cmd (Mac)/Ctrl (Windows)-+/-: Zoom in and out
- Cmd (Mac)/Ctrl (Windows)-0: Zoom to 100%