If you have a Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, or Business account, you can prioritize a file to sync ahead of others syncing with the Dropbox app on your computer.
Note: You can’t prioritize folders or package files.
Prioritize files from the system tray/menu bar
- Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar.
- Click the arrow at the bottom of the window that appears.
- Hover over the name of the file you’d like to prioritize.
- Click Sync next.
Prioritize files from the Dropbox folder on your computer
- Open Finder (Mac) or File Explorer (Windows).
- Open the Dropbox folder.
- Right-click the file you’d like to prioritize.
- Click Sync Now.
Note: If you create a shared link to a file, it will automatically be added to the queue of the prioritized files.