If your file is locked or saved as Read-only, Dropbox won’t be able to sync it.
The easiest way to resolve one of these error messages is to unlock your file or unselect Read-only.
- “Couldn’t upload. In the file info, unselect the Locked checkbox.” (Mac)
- “Couldn’t upload. In the file properties, unselect Read-only.” (Windows)
To unlock your file on a Mac:
1. Click Finder from the row of icons on your desktop.
2. Find and select the file or folder you want to unlock.
- In the Finder bar at the top of your screen, click File and then Get Info (or command + i).
- Under the General section, uncheck the box next to Locked. Your changes will automatically save.
To unselect Read-only for your file on Windows:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file or folder icon that you want to unlock.
- Click Properties.
- Uncheck the box beside Read-only.
- Click OK.