The Dropbox integration for Microsoft Outlook lets you:
- Replace email attachments with a shared link to any file in your Dropbox account
- Save email attachments directly to your Dropbox account
Enabling the integration adds a Dropbox icon to the Outlook compose window. When you click this icon a pop-up window appears, allowing you to select from the contents of your Dropbox account. A shared link to each file or folder you select will appear in the body of the email.
Not using Dropbox yet? See how Dropbox makes it easy to send large files.
The Dropbox for Outlook integration is available for email accounts hosted on Microsoft Exchange 2013 or later. This is available on the following:
- Office 365 version 16.0.116291 or later
- Exchange Online
- On-premise installations
Note: POP/IMAP email accounts like Gmail are not supported.
The Dropbox integration works with the following:
- Outlook on web
- On Windows 10 and up, Dropbox for Outlook is available on version 2016 of the Outlook desktop application
- On Mac, Dropbox for Outlook is available on version 2016 of the Outlook desktop application
- The Dropbox for Outlook integration is not supported in Outlook on mobile and older versions of Outlook on desktop
- The Dropbox for Outlook integration is not supported on Windows 7.
- Windows 10 must be updated to version 1903 and later to use the Dropbox for Outlook integration.
Install the Dropbox for Outlook integration
You can install the Dropbox for Outlook integration from the Dropbox App Center or directly from Microsoft AppSource.
Learn how to install apps and integrations from the Dropbox App Center.
To install from Microsoft AppSource:
- Go to Dropbox for Outlook on the Microsoft AppSource site.
- Click Get it now.
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials.
- Click Continue.
- Click Add.
- Make sure the correct email account is selected. Then, click Continue.
- You’ll be brought to your Outlook account. Click Install.
- Click OK.
You’ll now see Dropbox in your list of add-ins in your Outlook account.
Note: If you're a Dropbox Business team member and you’re unable to install Dropbox for Outlook, your admin may have restricted third-party integrations. Please contact your admin for help.
Configure and use the Dropbox for Outlook integration
Once you or your admin install the integration, you’ll see Dropbox for Outlook available for use with your email account on supported email clients. To get started, simply click the Dropbox icon in the Outlook ribbon or email header to open the integration, then sign into your Dropbox account.
The first time you use Dropbox for Outlook, your web browser may display a security alert asking you to allow the Internet Low-Mic Utility Tool to open content. Click Allow.
Attach a file from your Dropbox account to an email
- When composing an email in Outlook, click the Dropbox icon to access your Dropbox account.
- Select the files or folders you’d like to include in your email.
- Click Choose. A shared link is generated for each file or folder you select.
Save an attachment to your Dropbox account
- When you receive an email with attachments or Dropbox shared links, click the Dropbox button in the Outlook ribbon or email header.
- Select the attachments you’d like to save to your Dropbox account.
- Choose a location in your Dropbox account to save the attachments.
There are some known limitations for the integration.
Windows Users: The first time you use the Dropbox for Outlook integration, your web browser may display a security alert asking you to allow the Internet Low-Mic Utility Tool to open content. You’ll need to click Allow to use the integration.