Dropbox Replay is a rich media review and approval tool that allows collaborators to mark up, comment, and finalize video, image, and audio projects. With the Dropbox Replay integration with DaVinci Resolve, you’re able to utilize the functions of Replay within DaVinci Resolve.
Note: The Replay integration is only available for paying DaVinci Resolve customers.
The Dropbox Replay and DaVinci Resolve integration simplifies audio and video editing and reviews. Try Replay and manage your video projects in one place.
How to connect to Dropbox Replay in DaVinci Resolve
To open and connect to Dropbox Replay in DaVinci Resolve:
- Open DaVinci Resolve.
- Open your DaVinci Resolve preferences.
- Click the System tab.
- Click Internet Accounts in the column on the left.
- Next to Replay, click Sign In.
- A new browser window will open.
- Sign in with your Dropbox credentials.
- Click Allow to connect DaVinci Resolve to your Dropbox account.
- Return to DaVinci Resolve and click Save.
Once you connect your Dropbox Replay account, you’ll be automatically logged in the next time you open DaVinci Resolve.
How to upload to Dropbox Replay from DaVinci Resolve
You can upload video, image, or audio files to Dropbox Replay from DaVinci Resolve.
To upload a file to Dropbox Replay from DaVinci Resolve:
- Open your project in DaVinci Resolve.
- Click Workspace in the menu bar at the top.
- Under Switch to Page, select Deliver.
- In the Render Settings, click the Dropbox Replay icon (two black and blue arrows pointing left).
- Choose your render preferences, then click Add to Render Queue at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Render Queue, click the project you’d like to render.
- Click Render or Render all, depending on how many clips are in the project.
- In the Render Queue, when your Render says ‘Upload Completed’, you can right-click on the item and select Reveal in Browser (Dropbox Replay) — This will open the uploaded timeline on Dropbox Replay.
The next time you open Dropbox Replay, you’ll see your exported file from DaVinci Resolve in your account.
Note: A new version will be created in Dropbox Replay if you have previously uploaded your timeline. To create a new project, select Create new project in the Dropbox Replay settings.
How to add Dropbox Replay comments in DaVinci Resolve
To add a Dropbox Replay comment in DaVinci Resolve:
- Move the playhead to the frame where you’d like to leave a comment.
- Click the arrow next to the marker icon in the toolbar.
- Select Dropbox from the dropdown.
- Click the marker you just placed.
- Type your comment in the window that appears.
- Click Save.
When you open that audio or video file in Dropbox Replay, you’ll see the comment you posted in DaVinci Resolve. If you delete a Dropbox Replay comment in DaVinci Resolve, the comment will be deleted in Dropbox Replay as well, and vice versa.