In addition to using paper.dropbox.com
to access and share your Paper docs, you can download and install the Dropbox Paper desktop app to access your docs directly from your desktop.
The Dropbox Paper desktop app is currently in beta
and only available to some Dropbox users on Mac and Windows computers.
How to install the Paper desktop app
To install the Paper desktop app:
- Sign in to paper.dropbox.com.
- Click the “?” icon in the lower right corner.
- Click Get desktop app.
Alternatively, you can click Download beta app in the banner at the top of paper.dropbox.com.
How to change your default Paper doc open settings
To choose where you want your Paper docs to automatically open:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your profile picture.
- Click Settings.
- Click Connected apps.
- Under Paper desktop app, toggle between Open in desktop app or Open in web browser.
Keyboard shortcuts in the Paper desktop app
You can use keyboard shortcuts to quickly do things like search within a doc or create a new doc. Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts:
- Command+' to open/close the sidebar (Control for Windows)
- Command+F to search within a doc
- Command+O to search your Dropbox account
- Command+N to create a new doc
To see all available shortcuts, click the keyboard icon on the bottom right.