With the Adobe + Dropbox integration, you can open PDFs from your Dropbox account in Adobe on your desktop and from the Adobe mobile app. You can also preview PDF, Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD files on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app.
Any changes made to Adobe files stored in your Dropbox account will sync automatically.
Is this integration available to users worldwide?
This integration is available globally in the 20 languages that Dropbox supports.
How do I get started with the integration on my desktop?
- Download Adobe Acrobat to your computer and open the application.
- From the Home tab, click Add file storage in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click Add underneath the Dropbox icon.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account to connect it.
Note: If you linked personal and work accounts, select which account you'd like to connect.
- Your Dropbox account will appear in the left-hand navigation bar.
What file types can I edit from my Dropbox with the mobile version of Adobe Acrobat?
On our mobile apps, the Edit icon in the Dropbox app will be an option for .pdf files.
What if I have the Adobe Acrobat mobile app but I can't open Dropbox files in it?
In order to use this integration, you need to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat for Android or iOS. Older versions of the app don't integrate with Dropbox.
How do I link my Dropbox account from the Adobe Acrobat app?
Show instructions for:
Do I need to pay for Adobe Acrobat in order to edit my PDF files?
The Adobe Acrobat app is free to download on your mobile device. The following are free features of the Adobe Acrobat app:
- Open and view PDFs
- Annotate and review PDFs
- Fill and sign forms
Paid features of Adobe Acrobat include:
- Create PDF files
- Export PDF files to Microsoft Word or Excel
- Create PDFs of camera images
- Edit PDF files
- Organize pages in a PDF
How do I edit PDF files stored in my Dropbox with Adobe Acrobat on mobile?
To edit Dropbox files with the Adobe Acrobat app:
- Open a PDF file with the Dropbox app on your mobile device.
- Tap the edit icon (a piece of paper and a pen). You'll be prompted to install the Adobe Acrobat app, and then will be taken to the app store.
- Once Adobe Acrobat is installed, go back to your Dropbox app and either tap Next on the screen indicating that installation is complete or, if you don't see that screen, tap the edit icon again.
- You'll be taken to the Adobe Acrobat app, and prompted to authorize that the Adobe Acrobat app can access your Dropbox.
- Your file will open in the Adobe Acrobat app, where you can view or edit the PDF.
- When you finish editing, tap the back arrow to save. You'll be taken to your Dropbox where the updated file will be saved.
Is offline editing supported on mobile?
The Dropbox app lets you make files available for offline use.
On Android and iOS devices, offline editing is only supported if you open the most recent version of the file in the Adobe Acrobat app prior to going offline. Editing offline files that were not previously opened in Adobe Acrobat is not supported at this time.
How does Dropbox work with Adobe Creative Cloud?
The Adobe + Dropbox integration enables previews for Photoshop, Illustrator and XD (.psd, .ai and .xd, respectively) files that are stored in Dropbox. These previews are available on web, iOS, and Android for all Dropbox users.
Any changes made to Adobe Creative Cloud files stored in your Dropbox account will be automatically synced.