The new Dropbox desktop experience is an organized Smart Workspace that brings your work into focus and keeps you in sync, right from your desktop.
The Dropbox desktop experience includes:
- The new Dropbox desktop app, which now shows up in your taskbar (Windows) or dock (Mac)
- Dropbox in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac), now with added smart features
- The Dropbox folder in File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac)
Start using the new Dropbox desktop experience
To access the new Dropbox desktop experience:
- If Dropbox isn’t already open, double-click the Dropbox application in the File Explorer or Start menu (Windows) or in the Applications folder in Finder (Mac).
- Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray or menu bar.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the upper right corner.
- Click Preferences…
- Click the dropdown next to Open folders in: and choose Dropbox desktop app.
Note: Regardless of your settings, you can always open the new Dropbox desktop app by clicking the Dropbox app icon in your File Explorer, Start menu, or Finder after Dropbox is already open (indicated by the appearance of the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar).