If you no longer need access to a shared folder and want to delete it from your Dropbox, you can simply leave the folder.
However, if you’ve copied a shared folder from your Dropbox folder to another location on your computer, and you had view-only access to the shared folder, the copy of the folder might also be locked. If this is the case, you can use the following steps to change the permissions of the folder so that you can delete it:
Change permissions for a folder
- Right-click the affected folder, and choose "Properties..." from the pop-up menu.
- Click Security, and then the "Advanced..." button.
- Click the "Edit..." button (this button may also say "Change permissions").
- Make sure the "Deny" row is selected
- Click the "Edit..." button.
- Click the "Clear all" button and select OK.
- Select Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object...
- Click OK.
- Select Yes, and then choose OK until all windows are closed.