How to edit files in other applications with Dropbox Extensions
Dropbox Extensions let you to open and edit files with third-party partner applications, directly from your Dropbox account. To do so:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Hover the mouse over the file you’d like to open.
- Click Open with to see a dropdown menu of available apps.
- Click the third-party app you’d like to open the file in.
- If it’s your first time connecting the app to Dropbox, the application may ask you for approval
- Once you’ve edited or taken action on the file, save or apply the changes (this step will vary, depending on the application).
- The new edited file will be saved alongside your original file, but the edited file name will have additional information about the file's state and provider. For example, if the original file name is "My Contract.pdf", the new edited file may be titled "My Contract (signed-AdobeSign).pdf".
Note: Admins of Dropbox Business teams can choose to disable Extensions functionality if desired. If you’d like Extensions enabled for your team, contact your team admin.
Learn more about opening files in Dropbox.