Dropbox uploads any files you add to your Dropbox folder, even if those files already exist somewhere else in your Dropbox account. You may have duplicates of the same file even if the photo or video is visually identical and has the same file size and format.
It’s possible to have duplicates of a photo or video if:
- The file name is different between the different versions
- The location of the file in your Dropbox folder is different between the different versions
Check the location of a photo or video file:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Search for the duplicate files.
- Select the a copy of the file, and select Show in folder.
- Check the location of this file then repeat for any other copies.
- If you don’t want a copy of a file, delete the copy you don’t need.