Full-text search is only available to Dropbox Plus, Family, Professional, and Business users.
Full-text search allows you to search the contents of your files in Dropbox. With full-text search, when you search your Dropbox files for a keyword, the results will include any files that contain that keyword in addition to any files with that keyword in the name.
To search the contents of your Dropbox files:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click the search bar in the top right.
- Start typing what you’d like to search for. Search results will appear as you type. You can either click one of those results or press the enter/return key on your keyboard to see all results.
A text snippet will appear below each search result to show where in the file the keyword is located.
Not using Dropbox yet? See how Dropbox helps you effortlessly share files and folders.
FAQs about full-text search
What file types are searchable?
You can search the contents of the following file types:
- .jpg (Dropbox Professional and Business users only)
- .png (Dropbox Professional and Business users only)
- .gif (Dropbox Professional and Business users only)
- .tiff (Dropbox Professional and Business users only)
Is full-text search available in all languages?
No, full-text search is only available in certain languages. If your search results only include files and folders with your keyword in the name, then the feature isn't available in your language.