Before making an image of the OS, remove the user specific Dropbox files. This forces Dropbox to create unique keys and instance data for each user on the cloned machines.
1. Download the Dropbox installer on the gold image.
2. Follow the steps to install Dropbox, but don’t sign in when prompted.
3. Click the Dropbox logo in the menu bar.
4. Click the gear icon.
5. Click Quit Dropbox.
6. Open Finder.
Copy and paste this path into the search bar of Finder to open the user's home directory:
7. Delete the .dropbox folder from this location.
- Don’t run Dropbox again before the imaging or snapshot process. This recreates the .dropbox folder.
8. Remove any specific-system identifying information such as the UUID, static IP addresses, etc. to finalize the installation before cloning.
9. Shut down the workstation and create the gold image.
When a user starts the Dropbox app on a cloned machine, the Dropbox user directory is automatically recreated for that individual user.