How to add Dropbox as a Place in Microsoft Office
A “Place” in Microsoft Office is a location you can access directly from your Office apps, without using Windows File Explorer. Add Dropbox as a Place to open, share, and save files using Dropbox from within Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
After you add Dropbox as a Place, you can:
- Save to Dropbox directly from the menu options in an Office app
- Open from Dropbox directly from the menu options in an Office app
- Click Share in an Office application to share using Dropbox
To add Dropbox as a Place in Office, you must:
- Use a Windows computer
- Run version 29 of the Dropbox desktop app or later
- Run Microsoft Office
Add Dropbox as a Place
To add Dropbox as a Place, open your Dropbox desktop app preferences and check the box next to Show Dropbox as a save location in Microsoft Office. To remove Dropbox as a Place, uncheck the box.
To allow your team members to add Dropbox as a place, enable it in the Admin Console:
- Log in to dropbox.com with your admin account.
- Click Admin Console.
- Click Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, click Microsoft Office add-in.
- Toggle Microsoft Office Add-In to On.
After you enable the Microsoft Office Add-In, team members can add Dropbox as a Place in Office. Dropbox isn’t automatically added as a Place.
Does this feature work even if Dropbox isn't running or I'm offline?
Yes. Adding Dropbox as a Place integrates natively with Office. Dropbox as a Place is available even if Dropbox isn't running or you're offline. However, your files won’t sync until the next time Dropbox is running and you’re online.
Have another question about Microsoft Office for Dropbox?
Check out the FAQs page for more information.
Posted by: Movin 55 days ago246480
Posted by: outwardspiral 1409 days ago772790
Posted by: Tory2 1705 days ago6916100