Import photos and videos from Facebook
This article discusses a feature that is available to users on Dropbox Basic, Plus, Family, and Professional plans.
You can import photos and videos from Facebook to your Dropbox account using the Facebook data transfer tool.
To import photos or videos from facebook.com or the Facebook mobile app:
- Log in to facebook.com or open the Facebook mobile app.
- Click the downward arrow in the top-right corner.
- On mobile, tap the menu icon (stacked lines) at the top of the screen in the Android app, or the Facebook logo at the bottom of the screen in the iOS app.
- Select Settings & privacy.
- Click Settings.
- Click Your Facebook Information.
- On mobile, scroll to Your Information.
- Next to Transfer a Copy of Your Information, click View. You may need to re-enter your password.
- On mobile, tap Transfer a copy of your information.
- Click Next.
- Select Dropbox under Choose Destination.
- Choose whether you want to export your photos or your videos and click Next.
- You can only export one media type at a time. If you’d like to transfer both photos and videos, complete the process for one and repeat the steps to export the other.
- Click Connect.
- Click Confirm Transfer. All the photos or videos you’ve uploaded to Facebook will be transferred to Dropbox. You can monitor progress on the “Transfer your information” page of your Facebook settings, and Facebook will send you a notification when the transfer is complete.
Once the transfer is complete, the photos and videos you imported will be saved in a new folder in your Dropbox account. To find the folder on dropbox.com:
- Log in to dropbox.com.
- Click ">" (right arrow) next to Folders to expand a list of all your folders in the left sidebar. Click the Apps folder.
- Click the Meta folder.
- Click the Photo Transfer or Video Transfer folder. Photos and videos will be sorted by album, if applicable.
Are my photos and videos still available on Facebook?
Yes. The Transfer a Copy of Your Information process creates copies of your files and saves them in your Dropbox account. All your photos and videos will still be available on Facebook.
Will new Facebook photos and videos automatically be backed up to Dropbox after I set up the transfer?
No. The transfer process includes all the photos or videos that exist in your Facebook account at the time you initiate the transfer. To keep your Facebook content up-to-date in Dropbox, you’ll need to import your photos and videos periodically.
Will photos and videos go to the same Dropbox folder each time?
Each time you back up your Facebook photos and videos, a new folder will be created in your Dropbox account in the Meta folder. The folder will be named “Photo Transfer” or “Video Transfer”, followed by a number. All the photos or videos in your Facebook account will be copied every time you initiate a transfer.
Can I use the Facebook data transfer tool to import photos and videos to a Dropbox team account?
No. Currently, the Facebook data transfer tool can’t be used with a Dropbox team plan.
Will Facebook have full access to my Dropbox account?
No. When you allow Facebook to transfer a copy of your information and give access your Dropbox account, Facebook will only receive permission to add files to the single Dropbox folder that contains the export.
Posted by: g v. 315 days ago1892120
Posted by: sci buzz 930 days ago444453
Posted by: Michael A.6 1071 days ago5763111