How to update to the latest version of Dropbox on your computer
Updating to the latest version of Dropbox ensures you have access to all the latest features and improvements to your Dropbox account.
This article explains how to upgrade to the latest version of the Dropbox desktop app. To upgrade to the latest version of the Dropbox mobile app:
How to update to the most recent stable version of Dropbox on your computer
If you want to manually update to the latest stable version of Dropbox, you can get it from our download page or our install page (for Linux users). Otherwise, the Dropbox desktop app will update automatically.
How to see which version of Dropbox you're running
To see which version of Dropbox you’re currently running on your computer:
- Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top right.
- Click Preferences.
- On Windows devices, it can be found at the bottom of the dialog box (underneath Language).
- On macOS devices, the version can be found next to About Dropbox.
Can I disable auto-updates?
Like many programs and applications, Dropbox may automatically update to the latest version. These updates are rolled out gradually after a new update is available, and are necessary to keep Dropbox on your computer functioning.
You cannot disable or turn off auto-updates.
These updates ensure you’re running the most up-to-date version of Dropbox, which often has performance and security enhancements. And if Dropbox can't keep itself up-to-date, some features may stop working. For example, the app may stop syncing.
Notes about auto-updates:
- If Dropbox software is installed on your computer, it will update regardless of whether you installed it or the application came preloaded by the device manufacturer
- The proxy settings you add using these steps aren't used to update the Dropbox app
- Dropbox uses your operating system network settings to apply auto-updates
Can I install a previous version of the Dropbox desktop app?
If you're trying to install a previous version of the Dropbox desktop app, you'll likely encounter one of these error messages:
- You already have a more recent version of Dropbox installed on your machine
- This installer is no longer supported. Please download a new version from /downloading
If you're encountering an error message, or if you're having trouble installing the Dropbox desktop app, visit our downloads page.
Note: We don't recommend using previous versions, as the latest version includes the most up-to-date fixes and security updates. You should only downgrade to a previous version of Dropbox if instructed to do so by a member of the Dropbox support team.
Posted by: Sanar Sadaqa 1 day ago291110
Posted by: Uncleshellmz 4 days ago39040
Posted by: JpFortran 8 days ago26050