The screenshot feature lets you automatically save screenshots to your Dropbox account. Once you turn this feature on:
- Screenshots save instantly a Screenshots folder in your account
- A link to the screenshot is copied to your clipboard for easy sharing
Note: This feature is only available on Mac and Windows computers, with the exception of Windows 10 in S mode.
How to save screenshots to Dropbox on Mac and Windows computers
To automatically save screenshots to your Dropbox account on a Mac or Windows computer:
- Make sure the Dropbox desktop application is installed and open on your computer.
- Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray or menu bar.
- Click your profile picture or gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Click Preferences…
- Click Import.
- Check the box next to Save screenshots to your Dropbox.
Note: If you’re using a Mac computer, your screenshots must be set to save to your desktop for this feature to work. Choose where your screenshots save on a Mac.
How to choose if screenshots save to your Business or personal account
If you have a Dropbox Business account, and you’ve connected it to your personal account, and linked them both to your computer, you can choose which account your screenshots save to. To do so, use the dropdown menu next to the Save screenshots to your Dropbox checkbox.
How to save screenshots to Dropbox on a mobile device
The screenshot feature isn’t available on mobile devices. As an alternative, you can use the camera uploads feature to automatically upload your camera roll to Dropbox.