Find and replace words in a Paper doc
You can find every time a specific word or phrase was written in a Paper doc by using the keyboard shortcut. You can then replace that word or phrase with a different word or phrase once, or throughout the entire doc.
To find a specific word or phrase in your Paper doc:
- Type control-F (Windows) or command-F (Mac).
- Type the word or phrase into the search bar.
To replace that word with a different word once, or throughout the entire doc:
- Click the “…” (ellipsis) to the right of the search bar.
- Type the new word or phrase under Replace with.
- Click Replace or Replace all.
Tip: If you’re familiar with regular expressions, you can check the box next to Regular expressions to use them in your search. Regular expressions allow you to conduct a more specific search of your document.