Search in Paper searches the full-text of your docs. You can search for:
- The title of a doc
- The content within a doc
- The name of a team member to see all docs they created
To access search:
- Click the search icon (a magnifying glass) in any doc or the search bar at paper.dropbox.com.
- Begin typing in the search bar and results are automatically generated.
How to search within a Paper doc
To search docs on the web:
- Type control-F (Windows) or command-F (Mac).
- Type the word or phrase into the search bar.
To search docs on the Paper mobile app:
- Tap "…" (ellipsis).
- Tap Find in doc.
How to use hashtags as labels for search
You can make search more powerful by using hashtags in your docs. Hashtags are clickable within a doc and you can use search to find all docs within your company that contain the same hashtag.
For example, type "#dogs" anywhere in your document. Then, to use this hashtag in search, type the hashtag and keyword (in this case "#dogs"). The results show all accessible docs containing that hashtag.
How to search for Paper docs with a URL
You can search your Paper docs directly from the address bar of a web browser. To do so, add your search terms to the end of the following URL:
When you search in the address bar of a web browser, separate your search keywords with a + (plus):