Metadata is information you can see about a file. It includes information like the date your file was created and the size of the file.
To see metadata about your file:
- Log in to dropbox.com.
- Click the file you want information about.
- Click About.
In the About section, you’ll see different types of information depending on the type of file you’re previewing. All files display the following metadata:
- Name of the user who uploaded the file (Uploaded by)
- Date and time the file was uploaded (Date uploaded)
- When the file was last modified (Last modified)
- The extension of a file (Extension)
- The size of the file in bytes (Size)
Some types of files display specific metadata in addition to the basic metadata listed above. For more information, refer to the lists of metadata by file type below.
- Original date
- Focal length
- Shutter speed
- White balance
- Camera make
- Camera model
- Lens model
- Dots per Inch
- Color profile
Microsoft Office files:
- Copyright Notice
- Revision Number