Metadata is information you can see about a file. It includes information like the date your file was created and the size of the file.
To see metadata about your file:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Hover over the file and click the checkbox.
- The file information will be located in the details pane of the right sidebar. If the metadata does not appear, click the arrow or Info button in the right sidebar.
In the details pane, you’ll see different types of information depending on the type of file you’re previewing. All files display the following metadata:
- The location of the file (Saved in)
- When the file was last modified (Modified)
- The size of the file in bytes (Size)
- The type of file (Type)
Some types of files display specific metadata in addition to the basic metadata listed above. For more information, refer to the lists of metadata by file type below.
- Camera make
- Camera model
- Color profile
- Date created
- Dots per inch (DPI)
- Dots per centimeter (DPCM)
- Focal length
- Lens model
- Rights usage terms
- Shutter speed
- White balance
Microsoft Office files:
- Copyright Notice
- Revision Number