File activity is a list of all activity on a file, folder, or project. It includes any time a file is:
- Reverted back to a previous version with version history or Dropbox Rewind
View file activity
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Open a file.
- Click Activity in the right sidebar.
- If the right sidebar isn’t open, click the arrow or Activity button on the right-side of the screen.
In the Activity tab, you can see who performed an action and when the action happened.
You can also see sharing actions, including when:
- The file was shared
- Member roles changed
- The file was unshared
If you’ve enabled viewer info, you can also see who viewed a file and whether they're currently viewing that file.
Notes on file activity
- Edits aren’t recorded in file history if a file is downloaded and edited outside of Dropbox
- Viewing activity (whether someone else viewed a file) will only be available if viewer info is enabled for that individual file
- File owners and people who have Can edit access see all file activity
- People who have Can view access can't see file activity