How to redeem the Acer Chromebook and Dropbox 100 GB promotion
If you recently bought an Acer Chromebook, you might qualify for 100 GB of Dropbox storage for 12 months after the purchase.
Which Chromebook devices are eligible for the promotion?
Your device may be eligible if you bought a new Acer Chromebook during or after November 2023 with Dropbox pre-installed.
How do I redeem the promotional space?
To redeem this promotion on your eligible Chromebook:
- Click or tap the Dropbox icon in your list of apps to open Dropbox on your eligible Chromebook.
- Sign up for a Dropbox account by filling out the details on the page. If you already have a Dropbox account, click Sign in.
- You'll see a prompt to redeem the promotion if your account is eligible.
- Click Redeem.
After redeeming, you'll receive an email with details about your increased storage.
How long is the promotional space valid?
The 100 GB of promotional space on Acer Chromebooks is valid for 12 months from the date the promotion is redeemed.
If I purchase multiple promotion-eligible devices, can I redeem the same offer multiple times?
No. Each Dropbox account can only redeem the same type of promotion once. For example, you can't redeem the promotion for the Acer Chromebook 100 GB for 12 months more than once.
Can I transfer my promotional space to another Dropbox account?
No, the promotional space isn't transferable once it's been redeemed.
Can I redeem the promotion on a refurbished or used device?
No. The promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the new, eligible device.
Why am I not eligible for promotional space?
There are a variety of reasons you may not be eligible to redeem promotional space:
- You have already redeemed a promotion on an Acer Chromebook device. You're only eligible to redeem the same type of promotional deal once.
- For example, you can't redeem the promotion for the Acer Chromebook 100 GB for 12 months more than once per email address, even if you buy multiple eligible Acer Chromebook devices.
- You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished, and the previous owner has already redeemed the promotional deal associated with the device.
- Your device may not be eligible for the promotion due to some country and retailer exclusions.
How do I check if I've successfully redeemed the promotion?
You'll receive an email notification when you successfully redeem your promotional space. The increased space will also be reflected anywhere you can see your total space available for your Dropbox account. Learn how to find out how much storage space your account has.
What happens when my promotional space expires?
When your promotional space expires, your Dropbox space limit will automatically return to what it was without it. For example, if you have a Basic account, your limit will return to 2 GB plus any space you've earned through referrals or other bonuses.
If you're over your limit after expiration, you'll no longer be able to save new photos, videos, and docs to Dropbox. To get more space and experience all the benefits of Dropbox, you can upgrade to a paid plan.
Terms of the Dropbox 100 GB promotion for Acer Chromebooks (current promotion)
This promotion is for initial users of any new Acer Chromebooks purchased during or after November 2023. The promotion must be claimed during the initial app launch and can be redeemed only once per device. The promotion can't be claimed on a refurbished, used, or wiped and restored device and can't be combined with other offers.