Dropbox Professional is the most advanced of our three plans for individual users. Professional offers all of the great features of Dropbox Basic and Plus, including safeguards for lost or stolen devices.
It also offers some truly powerful features that aren't available on other individual plans, including:
Smart Sync is a Dropbox feature that helps you save space on your hard drive. You can access every file and folder in your Dropbox account from your computer, using virtually no hard drive space. Smart Sync is available for customers on a Dropbox Professional or Dropbox Business plan.
With Smart Sync, you can:
- Choose if individual files or folders are available online-only or locally on your computer
- Select a default sync setting for new files and folders that are shared with you
Learn more about Dropbox Smart Sync.
Priority chat support
Dropbox Professional customers have access to priority chat support. This means that we can often reply to questions within a matter of minutes (during normal business hours).
Learn more about the support options available with Dropbox Professional.
File version history
With Dropbox Professional, we’ll store the version history of your files for 180 days. This means you can recover or restore a file anytime within 180 days of a change.
Learn more about file version history.
Shared link controls
Dropbox Professional customers have more control over what they share, and how:
- Passwords for shared links—Create an additional layer of security so only people with a unique file password can access your link.
- Expirations for shared links—Safeguard your sensitive files by setting an expiration date for shared links. When this expiration date passes, the shared link stops working.
- View-only permissions—Choose whether recipients can edit or just view files in a shared folder.
With viewer history, Professional customers can see if someone they shared a file with is currently viewing it, or when they last viewed it.
Learn more about viewer history.
Full text search
Full-text search allows you to search beyond the names of your files. It scans file names, extensions, and file contents, as well as Paper docs, to help you find what you’re looking for. Full-text search isn't case sensitive, and it includes personalized spell correction on your search queries.
Learn more about full text search.
Dropbox Professional helps protects your work with document watermarking. Safeguard your ideas with a digital watermark before sharing with your clients.
Learn more about adding a watermark.
How to buy Dropbox Professional
You can buy Dropbox Professional in three ways: