Dropbox Education is a new product, designed specifically for the needs of higher educational institutions. Dropbox Education is built to facilitate collaboration between faculty and staff at colleges and universities.
What features are available with Dropbox Education?
- Shared storage limits. Dropbox Education teams are given 15 GB of storage per user, and this per-user quota adds up to a single shared total, available to the entire team. So users with more files aren't limited by an individual 15 GB storage limit.
- For example, a team with 300 users would have 4.5 TB of total available space
- Longer version history. Dropbox Education team members have 120 days to recover deleted and previous versions of files.
- Enhanced visibility and control. IT admins can manage users, monitor activity, and control sharing permissions from the Dropbox admin console.
- Compliance support. Dropbox Education can help institutions comply with relevant standards and regulations, including:
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
How much does Dropbox Education cost?
The cost of Dropbox Education is determined by several factors, including the number of users you'll have on your account. To learn more and get a price quote, contact our sales team.
- Note: Some educational institutions may be eligible for a pricing discount. The available discount depends on the number of user licenses on your account. Contact our sales team to learn more.
How do I purchase Dropbox Education?
To learn more about Dropbox Education, and to get a price quote, contact our sales team.
Are there any requirements for purchasing Dropbox Education?
Some restrictions do apply. Specifically, Dropbox Education is only available to:
- Licensed and accredited higher educational institutions
- Institutions that purchase 300 or more Dropbox user licenses
To discuss pricing options for smaller education teams, contact our sales team.
I’m an admin of a Dropbox Business or Enterprise team—can I migrate to a Dropbox Education account?
In some cases, yes. If you’re part of a higher educational institution, and would like to switch to a Dropbox Education account, contact our sales team.