You can star files and folders for easy access on dropbox.com and the Dropbox desktop app.
When you star a file or folder, it’s only starred for you. It will not be starred for anyone that shares that file or folder with you or for your other accounts.
Starred files and folders appear:
- In the Home tab of dropbox.com under Starred
- In the Dropbox mobile app home screen in the Starred tab
- In Dropbox in your system tray/menu bar in the For you tab
- On the Dropbox desktop application in the Starred tab
How to star files and folders
To star to a file, folder, or Paper doc on dropbox.com and the Dropbox desktop app:
- Sign in to dropbox.com or open the desktop app.
- Hover over the file or folder you’d like to star.
- Click the star icon next to the file or folder.
To unstar a file or folder, click it again.
To add a star to a file or folder on the Dropbox mobile app:
- Open the Dropbox mobile app.
- Tap the “…” (ellipses) next to the file or folder you’d like to star.
- Tap Add to Starred.
To unstar a file or folder, tap the “…” (ellipses) and tap Remove from Starred.