The Dropbox integration for Google Cloud Identity helps you manage your Dropbox Business team centrally through Google Cloud Identity. When you use Dropbox with Google Cloud Identity, you can:
- Configure single sign-on (SSO) for your Dropbox Business team
- Manage provisioning and deprovisioning Dropbox Business users through the Google Admin console
To set up SSO and provisioning, you need to be a Dropbox Business Admin and a Google super administrator, and be signed in to both accounts.
Set up single sign-on (SSO) for your team
- Sign in to the Google admin console with your Google admin account.
- Click Apps.
- Note: To see Apps on the Home page, you might have to click More controls at the bottom
- Click SAML apps.
- Click Add a service/App to your domain.
- Type “Dropbox Business” in the Filter Apps search box. It should appear in the list below.
- Click Dropbox Business.
- Next to Certificate, click Download. (You’ll need this later.)
- Highlight the URL next to SSO URL, and copy it to your clipboard. (You’ll also need this.) Keep this page open in your browser.
- Switch to the Dropbox admin console. You can just open it in a new tab in your browser.
- Sign in with your Dropbox Business admin credentials.
- Click Settings.
- Click Single sign-on.
- Click the dropdown next to Single sign-on to change it from Off to Optional or Required.
- Next to Identity provider sign-in URL click Add sign-in URL and paste the URL you copied in step 8.
- Click Done.
- Click Upload certificate.
- Click Copy link.
- Return to the Google admin console.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Set up user provisioning
Visit this Google Workspace Admin Help article to learn how to:
- Set up user provisioning for the Dropbox application
- Display user provisioning
- Edit provisioning scope
- Define deprovisioning time frames
- Remove user provisioning
Note: Groups are not mirrored when provisioning occurs.