Connect Google Cloud Identity to Dropbox Business
The Dropbox integration for Google Cloud Identity helps you manage your Dropbox Business team centrally through Google Cloud Identity. When you use Dropbox with Google Cloud Identity, you can:
- Configure single sign-on (SSO) for your Dropbox Business team
- Manage provisioning and deprovisioning Dropbox Business users through the Google Admin console
To set up SSO and provisioning, you need to be a Dropbox Business Admin and a Google super administrator, and be signed in to both accounts.
Set up single sign-on (SSO) for your team
- Sign in to the Google admin console with your Google admin account.
- Click Apps.
- Note: To see Apps on the Home page, you might have to click More controls at the bottom
- Click SAML apps.
- Click Add a service/App to your domain.
- Type “Dropbox Business” in the Filter Apps search box. It should appear in the list below.
- Click Dropbox Business.
- Next to Certificate, click Download. (You’ll need this later.)
- Highlight the URL next to SSO URL, and copy it to your clipboard. (You’ll also need this.) Keep this page open in your browser.
- Switch to the Dropbox admin console. You can just open it in a new tab in your browser.
- Sign in with your Dropbox Business admin credentials.
- Click Settings.
- Click Single sign-on.
- Click the dropdown next to Single sign-on to change it from Off to Optional or Required.
- Next to Identity provider sign-in URL click Add sign-in URL and paste the URL you copied in step 8.
- Click Done.
- Click Upload certificate.
- Click Copy link.
- Return to the Google admin console.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Set up user provisioning
Visit this Google Workspace Admin Help article to learn how to:
- Set up user provisioning for the Dropbox application
- Display user provisioning
- Edit provisioning scope
- Define deprovisioning time frames
- Remove user provisioning
Note: Groups are not mirrored when provisioning occurs.