As of December 1, 2022, the option to install the Dropbox Power-Up within Trello will no longer be available.
The Power-Up will continue to be available for existing Trello boards until December 31st. Any files that were previously added using the Dropbox Power-Up will still be attached to your Trello card within the Attachment section.
You can now insert Dropbox links and attachments directly into Trello cards without downloading additional apps.
Dropbox features in Trello
- Attach Dropbox files directly into cards.
- See thumbnails and previews of Dropbox attachments.
- Create shared links to Dropbox attachments with one click.
- Open Dropbox files directly in Trello.
Learn more about the Dropbox and Trello integration in the Trello Help Center.
Note: If you are part of a Dropbox team account and you have both a work and personal account, make sure you are signed in to the correct account in order to view thumbnails and file previews in Trello.
Are you an admin on a Dropbox team account?
Learn how you can manage app integrations like Trello for your entire team.
Attach Dropbox files to Trello cards
- Sign in to Trello.
- Open the board and card you wish to attach your file to.
- Click Attachment.
- Click Dropbox.
- If you haven’t connected Trello to your Dropbox account, follow the prompts to sign in to Dropbox.
- Click the file or files you want to attach.
- Note: Dropbox Paper files are not supported in this feature at this time. You can still add Paper files to your cards by pasting their URLs directly in the box.
- Click Choose.
Attach Dropbox files with links
- Sign in to Trello.
- Open the workspace and card you wish to attach your file to.
- Click Edit at the top of the Description box.
- Paste the URL of the file you’d like to add to the card and press enter.
- Your link will automatically display the Dropbox filename you pasted. Click the link to open the display options menu.
- Display URL shows the full URL.
- Display inline shows the filename.
- Display card generates a file preview in the card.
- Display embed generates the entire file in the card.
- Click Save.
Note: You can create a shareable link or download the file from within the preview on the card by hovering over the preview and clicking the link or download icons.