Keyboard shortcuts help you use Dropbox faster. Keyboard shortcuts are available on dropbox.com and the Dropbox desktop app.
Keyboard shortcuts on dropbox.com
On dropbox.com, click Files and press the ? key (question mark) to access the full keyboard shortcut menu. You can do the following actions using keyboard shortcuts.
- Move between files or folders: ↑ or ↓ (up and down arrow keys)
- Open a file or folder: Enter (enter or return key)
- Search files and folders: / (forward slash key)
Note: Keyboard shortcuts will only work while you're in the Files tab of dropbox.com.
Select multiple files
Using keyboard shortcuts, you can select multiple files on dropbox.com.
To select multiple consecutive files or folders:
- Select the first item.
- Press and hold Shift.
- Click the last item.
To select multiple nonconsecutive files or folders:
- Press and hold Ctrl (control on Windows) or ⌘ (command on Mac).
- Select all files or folders you want.
Keyboard shortcuts on the Dropbox desktop app
In the Dropbox desktop app, you can use keyboard shortcuts in the app itself or in a file’s expanded preview window.
In the Dropbox desktop app
You can do the following actions in the desktop app using keyboard shortcuts.
- Bold: Cmd-B (Mac)/Ctrl-B (Windows)
- Italic: Cmd-I (Mac)/Ctrl-I (Windows)
- Strikethrough: Cmd-option-S (Mac)/Ctrl-Alt-S (Windows)
- Create link: Cmd-K (Mac)/Ctrl-K (Windows)
- Create a to-do: [-]-spacebar
- Bulleted list: --spacebar
- Numbered list: 1.-spacebar
- @mention someone: @-[name]
- Move a highlighted column left/right: Shift-Option-← or → (left and right arrow keys) (Mac)/Ctrl-← or → (left and right arrow keys) (Windows)
- Increase/decrease a highlighted column’s width: Option-← or → (left and right arrow keys) (Mac)/Alt-← or → (left and right arrow keys) (Windows)
In an expanded preview
You can do the following actions in an expanded preview using keyboard shortcuts.
- Move between files and folders, scroll left/right in file: ← or → (left and right arrow keys)
- Move to next or previous page within a PDF/PPT file or scroll up and down within a PDF file: ↑ or ↓ (up and down arrow keys)
- Move to next or previous page within a PDF/PPT file: Page Up and Page Down keys
- Move to first or last page of a PDF/PPT file: Home and End keys
- Zoom in and out: Cmd-+/- (Mac)/Ctrl-+/- (Windows)
- Zoom to 100%: Cmd-0 (Mac)/Ctrl-0 (Windows)
To open the expanded preview of a file:
- Open the desktop app.
- Click a file.
- Click the expand preview icon (arrow symbol in the upper-right corner).