Dropbox has partnered with Seagate to offer a free, six-month trial of the Dropbox Backup plan after purchase of one of their eligible external drives.
To redeem this promotion:
- Plug in your new Seagate drive.
- Open your file browser—File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac)—and navigate to your Seagate drive.
- Click Start_Here.
- Note: If you’re having issues with the Start_Here icon or if you no longer see it on your Seagate drive, contact Seagate support.
- Follow the steps to set up your Seagate drive.
- The sequence will open in a browser window. Proceed through the steps until you reach the Summary tab.
- Click the Dropbox banner on the Summary tab.
- Select a billing cycle.
- Note: This offer will automatically apply to the first six months of the Dropbox Backup plan. When the trial ends, you’ll be billed yearly or monthly, depending on which billing cycle you chose at setup.
- Create a Dropbox account or sign into your existing account.
- Click Install Backup settings.
- Finish backing up your Seagate drive onto Dropbox.
- To back up select files or folders from your Seagate drive, click Choose folders.
- To back up the entire Seagate drive, click Back up.