How to redeem the Seagate + Dropbox promotional offer
To generate a HAR file in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Click Develop in the upper left
Note: If the Develop dropdown menu isn’t visible, click Safari in the top left, then Settings, and then the Advanced tab. Check the box next to Show features for web developers.
- Click Show Web Inspector.
- Click the Network tab.
Note: The Network tab must stay open to record.
- Navigate to the page where the issue is occurring.
Important: Keep the Network panel open while recording.
- Reproduce the issue.
- Click the Export icon (arrow pointing into tray) and save the HAR file.
- Attach the HAR file when replying to your support agent.
Dropbox has partnered with Seagate to offer a free, six-month trial of the Dropbox Backup plan after purchase of one of their eligible external drives.
To redeem this promotion:
- Plug in your new Seagate drive.
- Open your file browser—File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac)—and navigate to your Seagate drive.
- Click Start_Here.
- Note: If you’re having issues with the Start_Here icon or if you no longer see it on your Seagate drive, contact Seagate support.
- Follow the steps to set up your Seagate drive.
- The sequence will open in a browser window. Proceed through the steps until you reach the offer page.
- Click the offer link to be directed to the Dropbox website and redeem your offer.
- Select a billing cycle.
- Note: This offer will automatically apply to the first six months of the Dropbox Backup plan. When the trial ends, you’ll be billed yearly or monthly, depending on which billing cycle you chose at setup.
- Create a Dropbox account or sign into your existing account.
- Click Install Backup settings.
- Finish backing up your Seagate drive onto Dropbox.
- To back up select files or folders from your Seagate drive, click Choose folders.
- To back up the entire Seagate drive, click Back up.