You can make edits to photos and images while previewing them on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile apps. To edit a photo or image in Dropbox, you must have edit access and the file extension must be .png, .jpeg, or .jpg.
Note: You can only crop and rotate photos and images in the Dropbox mobile apps. For more advanced editing options, you’ll need to edit the image on dropbox.com.
How to edit a photo or image in Dropbox
To edit a photo or image:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click the image you’d like to edit.
- Click Edit above the image. The image editor will open.
- To rotate the image, click Rotate in the upper left.
- To flip the image horizontally, click Flip in the upper left.
- To crop the image, click Crop in the upper left, drag the white squares to your preferred points, and click Save.
- Note: You can also set custom width and height dimensions in the right sidebar.
- To make light or color adjustments, click the adjust icon (three sliders), then make your preferred adjustments by dragging the circle along the slider for:
- To undo a change, click the undo icon (curved arrow pointing left), or use control-z (Windows) or command-z (macOS).
- To redo a change, click the redo icon (curved arrow pointing right), or use control-shift-z (Windows) or command-shift-z (macOS).
- Click Done in the upper-right corner to save your changes.
- Select Save a copy to preserve the original image and save the changes in a new image file. You’ll need to choose where you’d like to save the new image and click Save copy to confirm.
- Select Replace original to overwrite the original file with your edits.
Note: You can also rotate and crop an image while previewing it by interacting with the toolbar at the bottom of the page.
On the Dropbox mobile apps
- Open the Dropbox mobile app.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Tap the photo or image you’d like to edit.
- Tap the edit icon (pencil) to begin editing.
- To rotate the image, tap the rotate icon (arrow pointing clockwise). The image will rotate clockwise at a 90-degree angle on each tap.
- To crop the image, tap the crop icon (square with overlapping corners), then drag the white edges to your preferred locations and tap the checkmark in the lower right (Android) or upper right (iOS).
- Tap Save (Android) or Done (iOS) to save your changes.