You can share a link to a copy of your file right from the Dropbox badge, even as you're working.
Not using Dropbox yet? See how Dropbox helps you effortlessly share files and folders.
To share a link to a copy of your file:
- Click on the Dropbox badge.
- From the pop-out window, click Copy Link to Clipboard.
The link will be copied, and you can immediately paste it into emails, instant messages, blog posts, or wherever you'd like people to access the file copy.
Links created from the Dropbox badge are not password protected and do not have an expiration. Dropbox Business and Dropbox Professional users can open the link they've created from the Dropbox badge and can set a password or set an expiration date for the link.
You can remove a link at any time. To remove a link:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the name of the file or folder you’re having issues with and click the share icon (rectangle with up arrow).
- Click Settings or the gear icon in the top right.
- Click either Link for editing or Link for viewing depending on which link you’d like to remove.
- Click Delete link.