You can access a file anywhere, any time by marking it for offline access. Specifically, this does the following:
- Adds the file to the Offline tab for easy access (like a bookmark)
- Saves the file to your Windows phone for offline viewing
- Keeps the file as up-to-date as possible
Make a file available offline in the Windows phone app
- Find the file you'd like to make available offline in the file list view.
- Tap and hold on the file name to reveal a list of actions.
- Tap Make available offline.
You can also make a file available offline while previewing it: tap the offline icon at the bottom of the screen.
Once downloaded, you'll be able to access your offline files at any time. To ensure you have the latest file versions, Dropbox will update files automatically whenever the app is open and there's a Wi-Fi connection. If you're on a cellular network (3G or 4G) and some files have changed, tap each file to open it and get the latest version.
Dropbox Business users
If you have your personal and business accounts connected, you will be able to access all of the files you mark for offline access from the same tab. The Offline tab allows you to view all your offline files together, or you can view them by account.