If you'd like to export files from Dropbox to an SD card on your Android phone, you'll first need to check that you have the correct version of the Dropbox app:
- If you are running Android 4.4 (or higher) you'll need version 184.108.40.206 (or higher) of the Dropbox app
- If you are running less than Android version 4.4 you can export to SD from any version of the Dropbox app
Once you've verified you have the correct version of the Dropbox app, you're ready to export to an SD card:
- Tap the Quick Action button to the right of the filename you wish to export
- Tap More
- Tap Export
- Tap Save to device
- Select your external SD card
Note: If you do not see your external SD card listed:
- After tapping Save to device, tap the Menu button
- Tap Settings
- Select Display advanced devices
- You should see your external SD card appear as an export location
What happens when I export a file to a different app on my device?
When you choose to export a file to another application, the file is opened with the application selected. That application then handles the file. For example, if you've exported a file to the Gallery app on your device, that app will display the file but not actually store the file.
To store a file in another location please choose "save to SD card."