What do I do if the Dropbox iOS app crashes?
If the Dropbox mobile app freezes or crashes for some reason, try these troubleshooting steps.
If the Dropbox desktop application crashes, visit this article instead.
Force quit the app and restart
- Double-press the home button to bring up the app switcher.
- Swipe through to find the Dropbox app.
- Swipe the Dropbox app's preview upward to close it.
- Restart the app from the main screen.
Uninstall the app and reinstall it
- From your home screen, tap and hold the Dropbox icon until it starts to wiggle.
- Tap the "X" that appears at the top-left of the app's icon.
- You'll be asked to confirm your decision to delete the app. Confirm to delete the app from your phone or tablet.
- Open the App Store and download the Dropbox app again.
If neither of those options works, contact us.