How to use activity, notifications, and recent lists
The information in this article applies to all Dropbox users, unless otherwise stated.
This information is unique to your account and meant to help you access your most important files and folders. Information is accessible through the Dropbox desktop app, Dropbox mobile app, and dropbox.com.
Your Activity feed displays the files you recently opened and/or edited, starting with the most recent.
To view your activity:
- On the desktop app, click the Dropbox icon in your notification center (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- Click the Activity tab.
- Click You to see your activity or Shared to see your shared-file activity.
- If you’re a member of a Dropbox team account, you can switch between You and Team to see your activity or your team’s shared-file activity.
Note: The Activity feed can't be accessed through the mobile app or dropbox.com.
On the desktop and mobile apps, your Notifications feed displays all activity on your Dropbox files and shared files.
To view your notifications:
- On the desktop app, click the Dropbox icon in your notification center (Windows) or menu bar (Mac), then the bell icon.
- You can also turn on notifications to get pop-up notifications on your desktop.
- On the mobile app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, then the bell icon next to Notifications.
On the mobile app and dropbox.com, your Recents feed is similar to your Activity feed but is only focused on your activity.
To view your recent activity:
- On the mobile app, tap the Home tab at the bottom, then tap Recent (Android) or Recents (iOS) near the top.
- On dropbox.com, click All files in the left sidebar, then click Recents under All files on the main page.