The easiest way to move files between accounts is through a shared folder.
Dropbox Business users: Learn how to move files between your two accounts.
From your first account...
- Sign in to the account that has the files you'd like to move.
- Create a shared folder and invite your second account.
- Manually move files by dragging and dropping them into your newly created shared folder.
- Sign out of this account.
From your second account...
- Sign in to the Dropbox website using the email address for your second account.
- On the left-hand side, click Files and then click Sharing.
- Hover over the folder you just shared and click Add.
- Click Files and find the shared folder you just added. You can now move the files from that folder to other places in your Dropbox account.
- Once the files are moved out of the shared folder, they are no longer accessible from the first account.
Tip: You can choose to leave the shared folder or keep it around just in case you ever need to exchange files between the accounts again.
Note about moving shared folders
If you already have a shared folder in one account and want to access it from your other account, don’t create a new shared folder. Instead, invite your other account to join the existing shared folder. Otherwise, the new shared folder won’t sync with changes that other members make.