The easiest way to move files between accounts is through a shared folder.
Dropbox Business users: Learn how to move files between your two accounts.
Not using Dropbox yet? See how Dropbox helps you effortlessly share files and folders.
From your first account...
- Sign in to the account that has the files you'd like to move.
- Create a shared folder and invite your second account.
- Manually move files by dragging and dropping them into your newly created shared folder.
- Sign out of this account.
From your second account...
- Sign in to dropbox.com using the email address for your second account.
- Click Shared in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the folder you just shared and click Add to Dropbox.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Locate the shared folder you just added. You can now move the files from that folder to other places in your Dropbox account.
Once the files are moved out of the shared folder, they are no longer accessible from the first account.
Tip: You can leave the shared folder when you're finished moving files, or keep it in case you ever need to exchange files between the accounts again.