You'll want to do a couple of things before transferring an existing account to a Dropbox Business team:
- Verify that all of the files and folders that you want to transfer are in your Dropbox
- Remove any files or folders that you don't want to transfer to a Dropbox Business team
Once that's done, you can verify your email address and join a Dropbox Business team. Every Dropbox account is linked to an email address, which allows you to verify your identity and receive notifications about your account.
Accept an invite and join a team
- Check your email for the invite to join your organization's Dropbox Business team. Click Join your team in the email.
- If necessary, sign in with your username and password to your existing Dropbox account.
- Decide where you want to move the files and folders inside your current Dropbox.
- If your files are mostly work related, select Join [Dropbox Business team]. If your files are mostly personal, follow the instructions below.
- All of the files currently in your Dropbox will transfer to your Dropbox Business account, and you'll be able to access them by downloading the Dropbox desktop app or by visiting dropbox.com.