Remove a file from your phone
The Dropbox iPhone app only stores local copies of files if they are made available offline. The offline icon (white checkmark in a green circle) will be highlighted in the file list view for files currently available offline:
To remove a file from being available offline:
- Open the Dropbox mobile app.
- Tap the "...” (ellipsis) icon next to the file name.
- Toggle Make available offline to the off position.
Tapping the highlighted offline icon (white checkmark in a green circle) while previewing a file will also remove it from offline access.
Delete a file or folder from your Dropbox account
To delete a file or folder from your iPhone, all of your computers, and devices simultaneously:
- From the screen listing all of your files and folders, tap the “…” (ellipsis icon) icon next to the folder name.
- Toggle Make available offline On or Off.
You can also delete a single file while previewing it by tapping the ellipsis (…) icon at the top right and selecting Delete.
To delete multiple files from your iPhone, Dropbox account, and all the computers linked to your Dropbox account:
- Click on the rectangle with the checkmark on the top right of your screen.
- Check the files you want to delete and tap the Delete button at the bottom of the screen.
To delete a folder from your iPhone, the account, and all the computers linked to your Dropbox account:
- From the screen listing all of your files and folders, tap the “...” (ellipsis) icon next to the folder name.
- Select Delete. You’ll be prompted to confirm your choice to delete the folder.