How to contact Dropbox Support about missing or corrupted files
Before contacting Dropbox Support, try the following to recover your files:
- To restore a single file, check your Deleted files page.
- To restore an older version of a file, check its version history.
- To restore your account to a specific point in time, use Dropbox Rewind.
If you continue to experience issues, you can request file recovery from Dropbox Support.
To request the recovery of missing or corrupted files using a restoration link:
- Log in to dropbox.com.
- Navigate to dropbox.com/support.
- Click Send an email.
- Select File recovery from the dropdown.
- Select your device from the dropdown.
- Navigate to dropbox.com/events in a new browser tab. This is a log of all your file activity.
- Click the event that you’d like to undo or restore.
- Copy the link from your browser’s address field. It should be in this format: https://www.dropbox.com/event_details/######/######/######
- Paste the link in the Restoration Link section of the support email form. If needed, you can copy multiple links:
- To restore your entire account: Copy the link of the oldest event you want to undo.
- To restore a shared folder: Copy the link of the oldest event within that folder you want to undo.
- Fill out the rest of the details in the support email form.
- Click Submit.
If you can’t find a restoration link
If you can’t find an event that corresponds to your issue, create an email to Dropbox support with File recovery as the issue type. Include as much of the following information as possible:.
- The type of action you want to take:
- Undo one or multiple events
- Rewind one or more shared folders
- Rewind your entire Dropbox account
- The approximate date the files were affected or went missing
If you want to undo multiple events or restore specific files, also include:
- The names of any files you’re looking for or want reverted
- The file path to those files
- For example: Dropbox/Photos/Italy/Venice/1001.pdf
Then, copy-and-paste the following statement into the description box so that Dropbox can take action in your account:
"Yes, I understand what a restoration will do, and I give you permission to take this action in my Dropbox account.”
Dropbox Support won’t be able to recover permanently deleted files, or files that were deleted outside of your account’s version history.
updated by: Filmtime 105 days ago110630
updated by: Biff_A 1221 days ago177150
updated by: jnlcd 1255 days ago97720