Anyone who has access to a Dropbox file can leave a comment and view other comments, unless commenting is turned off.
How to comment on a file
You can comment on a file from your browser, mobile device, or desktop app. To do so:
- Open the file you want to comment on.
- To comment on the entire file, click or tap the text box that says Comment.
- You can type your comment, @ mention someone, or add an emoji
- Click Post.
How to comment on a specific part of a file
You can comment on a specific part of a file if you're on dropbox.com and working on a supported file type. To do so:
- Open the file you want to comment on. You'll see a pop-up message that says Select an area to comment on.
- Drag to highlight the desired area.
- Click the text box that says Write a comment, type your comment, and click Post.