Anyone who has access to a Dropbox file can leave a comment and view other comments, unless commenting is turned off.
New to Dropbox? See how you can easily add annotations to your collaborative work.
How to comment on a file
You can comment on a file from your computer, phone, or tablet. To do so:
- Open the file you want to comment on.
- To comment on the entire page or image, click or tap the text box that says Write a comment.
- You can type your comment, @ mention someone, or add an emoji
- Click Post.
Learn how to comment on a specific part of a file.
How to edit or delete a comment
You can only edit or delete comments that you posted yourself. To edit or delete a comment:
- Click the desired comment.
- Click Edit or Delete.
How to hide the comment pane
To hide the comment pane:
- Open the desired file.
- Click the grey arrow (Hide) in the upper-right corner.
To show the comment pane, click the grey arrow again.
How are comments ordered in the comment pane?
Comments are listed in chronological order from the start of the file to the end of the file. If the file has multiple pages, the comments will indicate which page the comment was left on.
The following people will receive an email and a notification both on dropbox.com and on their connected devices: