You can rename files or folders in your Dropbox account in three different ways:
- On dropbox.com
- From the Dropbox mobile app
- From the Dropbox desktop application
You can also rename shared folders.
- Note: Renaming a shared folder only changes the folder name in your Dropbox account. Limiting a rename to your Dropbox account helps avoid confusion for the other members of the shared folder.
Renaming on dropbox.com
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the name of the file or folder and click "..." (ellipsis).
- Click Rename.