If you’d like to stop syncing Dropbox files, you can stop or start sync (we call this Pause or Resume) at any time.
- Click the Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- In the bottom of the window that appears, there’s a white bar with text that says either Up to date, Syncing [your file name], or Syncing [x] files. Hover over that text.
- When you hover over that text, it will change to Pause syncing. Click Pause syncing.
- Click the duration you’d like to pause syncing for. You’ll see a message that says Syncing paused and the time that syncing will resume.
- Click the Dropbox icon in your your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
- Hover over Syncing paused in the white bar at the bottom of the window that appears.
- Click Resume syncing.