How to sort Dropbox files and folders
This article describes a feature available on dropbox.com.
You can sort and filter files and folders on dropbox.com by Name, Modified, Who can access, Type, Extension, Size, and Tags. To do so:
- Log in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left side bar.
- Sort and filter, as you’d like.
- If you’d like to sort a specific folder, click ">" (right arrow) next to Folders in the left sidebar and select the name of the folder you want to sort.
- Click the Recent tab to view recently accessed files.
- Click the Starred tab to view starred files.
- Click the column header title to sort ascending or descending. An additional arrow will appear for this feature to indicate how they are sorted.
To customize columns:
- Hover over the name of the column.
- Click the dropdown arrow.
- Click the name of the column to select or unselect.
Note: The Name column will always be displayed as the first column.
To rearrange columns:
Click and hold the title column name, then drag and drop to a new location.
To resize columns:
- Hover over the column header.
- Click the vertical lines that appear to drag and resize the columns horizontally.
To change views:
- Click the list icon (four horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your file list.
- Choose from Grid, Large grid, List, or Large list views.