You'll want to do a couple of things before transferring an existing account to a Dropbox team account:
- Verify that all of the files and folders that you want to transfer are in your Dropbox account.
- Remove any files or folders that you don't want to transfer to a Dropbox team account.
Once that's done, you can verify your email address and join a Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise account. Every Dropbox account is linked to an email address, which allows you to verify your identity and receive notifications about your account.
Accept an invite and join a team
- Check your email for the invite to join your organization's Dropbox team account. Click Join your team in the email.
- If necessary, sign in with your username and password to your existing Dropbox account.
- Decide where you want to move the files and folders inside your current Dropbox account.
- If your files are mostly work related, select Join [Team name] account. If your files are mostly personal, follow the instructions below.
- All of the files currently in your Dropbox account will transfer to your Dropbox team account, and you'll be able to access them by downloading the Dropbox desktop app or by visiting dropbox.com.
If your files are mostly personal, select Keep separate… and then follow these steps:
- Enter a different email address and password for your new personal Dropbox account.
- Agree to the Dropbox terms, and click Confirm.
- If necessary, verify the email address (check the inbox of the email you provided and click the button in the email).
- All of the files currently in your Dropbox account will transfer to your personal Dropbox account, and you'll be able to access them by downloading the Dropbox desktop app or by visiting dropbox.com.
For teams that require single sign-on
If your organization has enabled single sign-on (SSO), you'll follow a similar path. However, you'll also be asked to sign in to your SSO provider, which uses your work email address and password. If you have any issues signing in on a page that is not dropbox.com, check with the admin of your Dropbox team account.
What happens to my Plus or Professional subscription when I upgrade to Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise?
If you upgrade or transfer from Dropbox Plus or Professional to Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise, your Plus or Professional subscription will immediately end. Any remaining credit on the Plus or Professional subscription will be refunded to the original payment method. Each individual Dropbox account owner can track this information on the account payments page.
If the automatic refund does not go through for any reason (such as an expired credit card), we'll notify the account owner by email.