The Dropbox Security add-on
The Security Add-On can be purchased by teams on Dropbox Standard or Business. The features in the Security Add-On are automatically included with Dropbox Advanced, Business Plus, and Enterprise.
- The features in the Security add-on are included with Dropbox Advanced and Dropbox Enterprise. Ransomware detection and security alerts are turned on by default, and admins can choose to enable automatic data classification.
- The features in this add-on aren't available for Dropbox Capture, Dropbox Replay, Send and track, Signatures, and Dropbox Studio.
Dropbox Security add-on features
Ransomware detection helps prevent malicious ransomware attacks from spreading by detecting suspicious activity early. Admins can manage ransomware detection alerts in the admin console.
Data classification helps teams stay compliant with corporate and government regulations by allowing admins to automatically track and report on personal information stored in team folders, team member folders, and shared folders, such as: credit card, passport, bank account, and social security numbers.
With security alerts, admins will receive email notifications whenever suspicious behavior, risky activity, and potential data leaks are detected.
How to get the Security add-on
The Security add-on is available to purchase for Dropbox Standard teams.
To purchase the Security add-on:
- Log in to dropbox.com with your admin credentials.
- Click Billing in the left sidebar.
- Note: Only certain types of admins can access the Billing page.
- Click Add next to Security add-on in the Available add-ons section.
- Click Confirm.
You’ll be charged for the add-on as soon as you purchase, at a prorated amount. On your next billing period, your subscription cost will include the full price of the add-on.
Posted by: dhodges351 16 days ago53820
Posted by: Planzi 23 days ago56210
Posted by: mich9253 22 days ago1103100